The Forenisc Assist site has been shut down and we apologise for any inconvenience.
We are actively looking into alternative ways to access the Forensic Evidence Guidelines and the Who’s Got My Case search.
In the interim if you are seeking information from “The Forensic Evidence Guidelines” please contact Wendy.James@esr.cri.nz
Tel: 027 309 6735
Contacting ESR - 0800 FORENSIC
Contact the on-call forensic scientist in your district for support at a crime scene, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 0800 FORENSIC (0800 367 367)
Using FaceTime at a scene
When NZ Police would like a visual appraisal of a scene or evidence, a video link with ESR's on-call forensic scientist can be made using the Facetime app and the following ESR Facetime numbers:
- Bay of Plenty, Waikato, Counties Manakau, Auckland, Waitemata and Northland: 027 452 0841
- Wellington, Central, Eastern: 027 442 8452
- South Island Districts: 027 222 5115
ESR's physical addresses
For evidence drop-off, use one of the following addresses:
- Auckland: Hampstead Road, Mt Albert, Auckland. Map: MASC Service Centre (Auckland)(external link) (external link) (external link)
- Wellington: 34 Kenepuru Drive, Porirua. Map: KSC Service Centre (Porirua)(external link) (external link) (external link)
- Christchurch: 27 Creyke Road, Ilam, Christchurch. Map: CSC Service Centre (Christchurch)(external link)