ESR is a partner in Genomics Aotearoa, a science platform supporting advanced genomics research in New Zealand. It is an alliance between New Zealand universities and Crown Research Institutes which provides a collaborative platform that grows New Zealand’s capability, builds international connections, and develops tools and technologies to support genomics research.
ESR's involvement in Genomics Aotearoa(external link) includes:
- Membership(external link)(external link)on the science leadership team (Joep de Ligt)
- Rakeiora(external link)(external link) A pathfinder for Genomic Medicine in Aotearoa/New Zealand which is being co-developed with Māori to test options for the appropriate and safe acquisition, protection, use and storage of genomic datasets for use in healthcare research in Aotearoa New Zealand. Donia Macartney-Coxson is on the leadership team and the project is supported by Joep de Light, Miles Benton and the Māori Impact Team.
- Membership on the Bioinformatics Leadership Tea(external link)(external link)(Miles Benton)
- Clinical Genomics. (external link)(external link)This project develops capability to implement genomically informed healthcare in Aotearoa/New Zealand. It is led by Stephen Roberston (Otago University; link) and involves ESRs Human Genomics Team working in collaboration with The Wellington Regional Genetics Lab to facilitate and support their analysis and clinical interpretation of whole human genome sequences.
- Identifying genetic drivers of Streptococcus pyogenes(external link)(external link)
- Culture-independent genomic typing(external link)(external link) of bacterial pathogens
- Graph Genomes Project(external link)(external link)